This week marks the anniversary of my move to New York City six years ago. I came here for a corporate job with three suitcases in hand and my California tan still glistening. Fresh off the plane and still very new to the city, my smile was wide and clothes still resembled that of my former SoCal college self — bright and colorful. The change in my wardrobe is now much more apparent than ever, with color much lacking and continued experimenting. So as I pace on with this busy week with very little time to celebrate, I wanted to take a minute to share a few good things that I’m currently loving.
– Love a candle that comes in pretty reusable votives like this. I’m all about my Diptyque but this one is a welcomed departure.
– My collection of black boots is expansive but this one with the hardware makes me find room for just one more.
– I’m a sucker for a classic blazer, especially since my work-from-home outfits tend to gravitate toward the more casual side.
– Gone on a bit of a spree when it comes to intimates as of lately, and will not settle for anything that is not lace.
– Dainty pearl earrings that would make such a cute statement under all the wintry layers. Now, only if I had my ears pierced. Fact: I don’t have my ears pierced.
– My lips always need to be revived after hours of heater and cold weather damage, this lip balm is the only thing that works for me right now.
– Not in the mood to carry anything except for the essential lately, so a little black clutch will always get the job done.