Thursday October 4, 2012
If you ever pay a visit to my apartment, you’ll quickly come to realize that I’m a bit hyper-organized (except when it comes to making my bed). So it’s only natural that I straighten out every last bit of my wardrobe down to my chonies. But today, I’ll stray from giving you a peak inside my intimates and instead, direct you on how to organize one of those seemingly annoying-to-organize wardrobe essentials – sunglasses. Best part about this, is that you can also organize and hang your accessories off the wire too.
1. Here’s what you’ll need:
2. Measure the inside of the frame. Then using the long nose pliers, cut the chicken wire to match the dimensions.
3. This is an optional step if you want don’t want to paint. Protect the surface for spray paint by cutting open the plastic bags, and taping them down with painters tape. Separately spray paint the frame and chicken wire with desired colors. Let dry for 1-2 hours (depending on spray paint).
4. Once paint has dried, fit the chicken wire into the frame. Using the hammer, nail in a few staples or nails to hold chicken wire to frame.
5. Decide if you want the frame to hang portrait or landscape. Then, attach screw eyes to the necessary corners of the frame.
6. Measure enough wire so that you have about one and a half times the distance between the two screws. Make sure wire is taut so it doesn’t show when you hang it up. First loop the wire around the screw eye, then again around the wire itself. Repeat on the other side.
Prop against a wall/ window in my case, or to avoid counter clutter, hang it up.