Wednesday, May 8, 2013
I like to think I’ve matured into a light packer slash traveler. Read the rest of this entry »
Friday, May 3, 2013
In just a few days I’ll be heading out to St.Lucia to spend a week with some of my close friends, where I’m sure there will be a lot of relaxing, boarding, and of course, drinking and eating. Don’t worry, blogging will go on its normal schedule — daily!
I’ve never been to the Caribbean before, so I’m pretty excited to try some of the local flavors, explore the non-tourist spots, and hopefully bring back something whether that be tangible or not.
Aside from loving the relaxation factor of a beach holiday, I also love the ease of packing. A few bikinis, pair of cutoffs, sunblock, straw hat, and a good read are usually all I need to go with my unlimited rum punch and beach view to keep me happy.
Do you have any essentials when it comes to beach vacations? Here are a few things I’m taking with…
a powerful sunblock that gets the job done without me looking like a grease salad
strapless bikini with a little support, and plus a stellar mismatched print
dainty rings that make just the right statement by GABRIELA ARTIGAS
a SENSI panama hat just for some added sun protection
these pair of shorts hang right off the waist and go with just about anything
simple sandals with gold detailing, did I mention — I love gold, can you tell?
because we all read more when we’re on vacation
a fun toy to capture wider landscapes
brilliant statement necklaces from HOLST AND LEE (actually on SALE)
a backless maxi that’s lightweight and perfect for an evening dinner
the perfect clutch used as a make-up pouch to carry all my light makeup
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
1. The most delicate choker
2. A perfect, I mean PERFECT shoulder bag
3. NEW YORK CITY!!
4. Pencils (also here) for the foodie’s desk
5. I love a good pair of reflective shades
6. Can’t skip out on easy nail art
7. A pair of liquid gold bluchers
8. Light and delicate headphones, also love these in ear bud form
Thursday, April 4, 2013
There are only a few products that I use on a consistent basis, like Aquaphor Advanced Therapy and NARS duo, but lately it seems that my skin needs more than just a dabble of ointment or a swipe of bronzer to liven it up. So to give my skin that extra boost and really rejuvenate it from these past few months of winter weathering, I’ve incorporated a few extras into my beauty routine like a gentle facial scrub, a light and airy BB cream, and a lighter translucent powder. It’s really amazing how the smallest change to a beauty routine can make the biggest difference.
1. I discovered this LA MER translucent powder last year and love it as the alternative to my other powder. It leaves my skin radiant and not overly-matte.
2. DR. JART BB cream is a great everyday BB — super hydrating but still very light, and absorbs perfectly into my skin. I’m afraid I’m not going to find anything better.
3. I don’t wear foundation or heavy eye makeup often, but when I do, KLORANE really does the job in removing everything without drying out my skin.
4. BUMBLE AND BUMBLE has lived on my shelf for as long as I can remember, and the Sumotech line is a great addition if you’re looking to give your hair that messy, but clean look.
5. REN facial scrub is also a recent addition. I have such sensitive skin, and I’m not sure Clarisonic (tested) is the solution for my sensitive weathered skin, so its nice to find something that actually works.
6. STILA liquid eyeliner - Hashtag cateye.
7. AQUAPHOR healing ointment is a lifesaver to all my dry skin conditions, and I literally use this for everything… except cooking.
8. NARS blush and bronzer combo
9. I’ve been using this shade of TOPSHOP nude lipstick for quite some time, another product you’ll find in my bag at all times.
Thursday, March 21, 2013
I’m not sure if it comes with my age, or more so the frequency of my travels, but I’ve come to realize that I don’t need as much as I once did. When I was in college taking short spring break trips with girlfriends, or spending family vacations abroad, I’d fill two suitcases… some might consider it a full-fledged fashion evacuation. More recently though, I’ve just been packing a handful of basics with a few statement pieces, and rotating them around. This upcoming trip to New Orleans was a pretty simple pack and really proves that a little can go a long way — a day and night outfit rotating between a pair of everyday booties (via Isabel Marant) and some light strappy sandals (Saint Laurent or Zara), combined with a few statement pieces like a bright crossbody bag and a printed skirt.
IN THE ROTATION: Rag & Bone button down shirt | Free People cut off shorts | Isabel Marant booties | Alex + Ani bangles | Karen Walker sunglasses | Jennifer Zeuner necklace | Michael Kors crossbody bag | Alexander Wang knit | Emma Cook satin mini skirt | Gorjana stackable rings | Saint Laurent strappy heels (mine are from Zara though)