Monday, August 20, 2012
Today was one of the most exhausting Mondays I’ve had in quite some time. A combination of a long weekend and a number of things left undone from last week have left me drained, and here I am just getting settled in tonight. Thought I’d de-stress this evening with some retail therapy, or more like web browsing for some of the things I’m currently coveting for my Fall wardrobe. An ideal fringed jacket by Chloé | KARL collar | A dual-colored leather biker jacket | Perfection in the form of loafers | A deep blue version of the YSL arty ring | Céline in deep oxblood | A new scent for the home Alger by Astier De Villatte | Cutouts by Blahnik | Lace skirt with sheer hemlines? Yes, please!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Spring is hands down my favorite season. The styles are more vibrant, the food more crisp, and going out is far more appealing when the weather is a perfect 60 degrees. Though I have a few more weeks left of traveling on my agenda, I’m already looking at how I’m going to spend my weekends in New York. Here are just a few of my favorite things I’ll be incorporating into my spring.
1. Alexander Wang deconstructed suede jacket - the ideal material for the cooler nights
2. House of Harlow ’Chelsea’ sunglasses - full coverage shades
3. Smythson currency case – perfect for my a trip to visit my sister in London
4. Preen Line capris – sporty chic(k)
5. Butter London ‘teddy girl’ – a necessity
6. Eva Solo’s oil or vinegar carafes – a diy project to spice up my entertaining
7. Mociun Ring - dainty little things
8. Cole Haan ‘alisa’ oxford – a touch of neon
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Enter the enchantment of Espionage. Kissed with indigo hues and vintage decor, this sweet little shop closely resembles the wonderland of owner Taylor King. Espionage is a must see for all the fashionistas, collectors, and gift givers alike. Nestled next to the well-known BLD, this one stop shop is a dream for those with an eye for peculiar things – stocked with handpicked vintage pieces to unique handcrafted one-of-a-finds. Amongst it all you’ll find vintage Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Louboutins, and Phillip Lim to brands like Toyo Milk and Voluspa. As a huge fan of small neighborhood boutiques, I paid a visit to Espionage a few times to pick up a few gifts for the holidays while window shopping up and down Beverly Blvd.
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Here’s another installation of my 2011 gift guide. This time it’s for the men in your life. This list may just make you think twice about giving it away. From handmade wool pea coats made from surplus army + navy blankets that are so easy to pair, to stocking stuffers that will keep your drinks chill and your hands warm.
1. Almond Wool Peacoat, $180
2. Whisky Stones, $20
3. Gold Playing Cards, $15
4. Bonobos Tailored Jeans/Pants, $125
5. Moore and Giles Pierrepont Hicks Tie Case, $185
6. Zippo handwarmer, $13
7. Partners & Spade Spin To See Who Pays Bottle Opener, $28
8. TOM’S Classic 101 Sunglasses, $135
9. Duet Tea Infuser + French Press Coffee System, $32
10. Ribbed Socks, $19.50
11. Leather Head Handsome American Leather Football, $120
12. Whole Beast Butchery Book, $25
Monday, November 28, 2011
Here’s a little inspiration for all you givers out there who love to spoil your friends and family during the holidays. Just in time for Cyber Monday I’m hoping these gift ideas will help you out – whether it’s a Rebecca Minkoff’s Love At First Site bag for a holiday getaway, some sleek black loafers, or simple pieces of jewelry to add a final touch to an outfit, I’m sure your friends and family will be impressed. So take a gander at sales here, here, and here to take full advantage of great deals!
1. Deborah Lipman Get This Party Started Nail Polish Set, $42
2. Rebecca Minkoff Love At First Site Tote, $135
3. Acne Ruth Angora Blend Sweater, $168
4. Christian Louboutin Book, $150
5. Mathias Chaize Remember Me Necklace, $50
6. Diptyque Limited Edition Set of Votive Candles, $85
7. Nixon Kensington Watch, $160
8. Rebecca Minkoff Belgian Black Suede Loafers, $100